
Ps 121:1 I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.

Climb every mountain,
search high and low
Follow every byway,
every path you know.
ford every stream
Follow every rainbow
'til you find your dream!
A dream that will need
all the love you can give,
Every day of your life
for as long as you live
ford every stream,
Follow
every
rainbow
'til you find your dream!

From the Sound of Music Music
by Rodgers and Hammerstein
Dedicated to my mother, Gail Combs Moore. This was her girlhood home, Island City, KY. Her church and the road with many stops to her beloved grandmother's house are pictured here. I loved spending my summers here. I think when I go back for visits that everything should be the same, but I know my memories are of happier times. Mamaw Becky has passed, buildings have decayed and because of sin some have chosen hard lives. I am glad of the hope of Heaven and can't wait to visit Mamaw Becky again there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








4 comments:
You already know that this brought tears to my eyes. This is so beautiful! Wish Mammaw could see this. There is just something about the mountains.... I guess if you're not from there or never been there, you would'nt understand. I just know that it will always be in my "want to" to return. It is such a wonderful place to "get away" to. Life seems to be at such a slower pace there. My family laughs at me when I say that. But I know it is much slower than here. Anyway, I am thankful for the wonderful place where I grew up, and thankful that you did this blog and beautiful pictures, Rebecca. You did a great job on this. Thank you so much! I think it is as much in your blood as it is mine! In some of those pictures, it looks as if some of your American Indian ancestors just might step into the picture with you!!!
Rebecca , this is your brother in law dan...I just wanted to tell you that this blog is great. Even I love to see Island City. There is just something wonderful about that place. Thankyou for sharing these pics with us. If I had one complaint....There is not enough Ron Hamilton music....
It finally let me in to this blog!! Beautiful pictures!
What a wonderful and precious tribute to your mom. My heart and my eyes are full of tears. Very moving. You also asked how to get the button on your sidebar. All you have to do is right click and hit copy, then post it to your pictures in your computer. Then go and click on gadget on your sidebar set up and you can install it there following all the normal directions. For the caption you can just name it Cloche Party Sept. 11. I hope this helps. If not let me know. Hugs, Marty
Post a Comment