Today was the 1st anniversary of my father-in-law, A.C Hearn's homegoing to be with Jesus. I wanted to honor his memory and his son's love with a poem. Although a few of my grandparents are mentioned, it doesn't say less of the love and respect I had for him, Pop-Pop. He made me feel very appreciated and a natural part of his family. I appreciate this son he reared as my husband and I appreciated the love he had for my children. He went along with Mawmaw in all she wanted to do in spoiling them rotten. I pray for Kevin and Brenda as this first, tough year has passed and tough years are still ahead. I know that our Lord will help them each step of the way, because A.C. is a little too busy now, praising the Savior!
What Are They Doing In Heaven?
What are they doing in Heaven?
The ones that we loved so.
When with the Lord, did they begin
To continue as before?
Has Pop-Pop gone a fishin'
In that River in the sky?
Or has Memaw sat a talkin'
To all who pass her by?
Papaw strummed his ol' guitar
And with the church did sing
Is he now joined with Heaven's choir
In worship of the King?
Remember Mamaw Becky
How she loved with all her heart?
Is she now in Heaven happily
serving and doing her part?
There are uncles, aunts and greats
Who've up to Heaven gone
I know they're bowed down at His feet
Round God's eternal throne?
Oh, how their absence makes me ponder:
If part of what they're doing there
Was part of what that they did here,
Oh, how I want my LIFE to matter.
No comments:
Post a Comment